Three good things this week

 In this December when the news gets more and more dire I have decided to write on a positive note. Three very nice things which have happened this week are: 

1. We received a box in the post marked ' OPEN ON RECEIPT '  Inside we found delicious Scottish foodstuffs -  ham, sausages and pâté plus shortbread and chocolate brownies. The goodies were a present from our Aunt Ann in Scotland and it was a lovely surprise to receive them. 

2. I had an unexpected  phone call from my cousin Gordon who lives in Eastbourne. I haven't spoken to him for a couple of years but we have always had a good rapport and have seen a lot of each other at different times in the past. We had a catch up on family happenings and discussed the current health crisis.  Wish I lived closer to him to make a meeting feasible. Maybe one day...




3. We received a parcel from our granddaughters Poppy and Jasmine who live in Hampshire. They are now aged 13 and 10 so able to organise things like buying and posting presents themselves. They sent two little fabric mice dressed in sweet outfits because they said they remembered that I collected such mice. I was very happy to receive them knowing they had thought of me. I see so little of them these days that it is hard to believe there is still a bond there between us but this has reassured me that there is.


When days are dark these things remind us of the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Events take us by surprise

A production line for vaccinations