A production line for vaccinations


 Today I attended my local GP surgery for my annual vaccination against influenza , the 'flue jab as we call it. As a reluctant member of the over 65 club I am entitled to this. So I had phoned for an appointment earlier in the week and was given a 9.10  a.m slot for myself and my husband.  As we drove up to the building we could see lots of people arriving at the door and being sheperded in  in fairly quick succession. A security  guard in a yellow tabard and black mask stood at the entrance. Goodness knows why they were expecting trouble. 

The whole process was slickly organised like a military operation.  A masked lady at the door asked if we were well that is free of covid symptoms. Then we were each  directed to a different desk where we were asked our names and date of birth then given a white paper form with that information on it. We then went in different  directions. I followed stars on the floor around the waiting room and down the corridor and was directed to a lady who signalled to me from the doorway of one of the doctors' consultation rooms. I was told to stand by the door and offer my left arm up. The injection was then promptly given and I walked on to a door at the rear of the building and back round to the car park at the front. Such speed and efficiciency. That's  the way to do it at a time of high demand and in the midst of a pandemic. 


This was the best photo I could find to convey the experience  today. There was no preamble, no interaction, no cautioning about possible side effects :   just ,  bang, here's the injection, off you go. 

Comments

  1. We had our jabs too-phoned up and got them the same day to our great surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Events take us by surprise